At RealTheory, our goal is to help make you and your team successful and we believe that part of that responsibility is creating an environment where we bring the broader community together to do great things and help change our world to be a better place.
We believe that in creating and maintaining an environment where people feel they are invited, included and have an overall sense of belonging. To help achieve this goal we all have to help self-regulate for activities that do not match this vision. To do so, we have created this Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).
By reading and reviewing this AUP, we hope you read everything and agree fully that if you were writing an AUP, that these would be the same or similar guidelines you would want for you, your team, and your community. Of course, we are always learning, so if you would like to make suggestions for future additions to our AUP, please let us know at AUP@RealTheory.io. Likewise, if you see any activity or anything that does not abide by this AUP Policy, then please let us know so we can address it.
As a Customer, End User, or Community Member, you must adhere to our AUP if you plan to use any of the RealTheory Services; which include RealTheory websites owned or operated by us, social media, and the RealTheory Cloud Products, and related Support (collectively, “Services”). The rest of this AUP gets into the details of what we mean by acceptable use. The bottom-line is we love you and we plan to take care of you in every way we can. If that means you or anyone else is not following these guidelines, even if it does not explicitly match how it is described herein verbatim, we reserve the right to suspend your account, and suspend your companies’ or organizations’ account and delete your content.
The examples described in this AUP are not exhaustive. RealTheory Customers are responsible for its End Users compliance with this AUP. If a Customer or any End User violates this AUP, RealTheory may suspend the Customers or End Users use of the Services. This AUP may be updated by RealTheory from time to time upon reasonable notice, which may be provided via Customers account, e-mail, or by posting an updated version of this AUP on this page.
Any of the following activities will not be tolerated. If you become aware of any violation of this Policy, by accepting this AUP, you agree to immediately notify us and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy the violation. To report any violation of this Policy, please contact us at AUP@RealTheory.io.
Prohibited activities and prohibited content include:
- Do not use the Services to post, transmit, store, display, distribute, or otherwise make available any content or communications (commercial or otherwise) to engage in, promote, facilitate, instruct others to, or encourage any activity that is illegal, harmful, fraudulent, unwanted, inappropriate, objectionable, infringing, offensive, deceptive, harmful, violating others’ rights, defamatory, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, confirmed to be criminal misinformation, or otherwise poses a threat to the public, or harmful to RealTheory’s business operations or reputation, RealTheory’s Services or the reputation of its partners, or any of RealTheory’s Customers or End Users.
- Offensive content is disallowed and includes anything that is considered an attack on others based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or an attack for any reason. Offensive and disallowed content also includes any content that constitutes child pornography, relates to bestiality, or depicts non-consensual sex acts.
- Prohibited activities include posting content that may be perceived as disrupting, advertising, or sales related, including: unless expressly permitted by RealTheory, soliciting RealTheory Customers and End Users for commercial purposes, promoting or advertising products or services without appropriate authorization.
- You may not use the Services to violate the security or integrity of any network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device (each a “System”).
- Prohibited activities include: Attempting to gain unauthorized access to the Services or Systems, accessing or using any Services or System without permission, including attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any System or to breach any security or authentication measures used by the Services. Prohibited activities include: searching for or finding security vulnerabilities to exploit the Services or attempting to bypass any security mechanism or filtering capabilities, or intercepting or monitoring of data or traffic on any System without permission.
- Prohibited activities include: falsification of identity or origin. Creating a false identity or any attempt to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of any data or communications, including forging TCP-IP packet headers, email headers, or any part of a message describing its origin or route.
- Prohibited activities include: Tampering with, reverse-engineering, or hacking, copying, disassembling, or decompiling the Services, circumventing any security or authentication measures, or attempting to gain unauthorized access to the Services, related Systems, networks, or data.
- No network abuse of any type is allowed. You may not make network connections to any users, hosts, or networks unless you have permission to communicate with them. Prohibited activities include but are not limited to: Operating network services like open proxies, open mail relays, or open recursive domain name servers, intercepting, monitoring or crawling of a System that impairs or disrupts the System being monitored or crawled, including any part of the Services. Deciphering any transmissions to or from the servers and applications running the Services. Creating, posting, or injecting content or other computer technology that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any System, program, or data, including viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or cancelbots.
- Service integrity violations of any kind are strictly prohibited. Do not violate the integrity of the Services, including: Disabling or compromising the integrity of our Systems and Services. This includes probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of any system or network that hosts our Services. Including modifying, disabling, or compromising the integrity or performance of the Services or related systems, network or data and including any form of a denial of service (DoS) attack on the Services or any other conduct that attempts to disrupt, disable, or overload the Services such as inundating a target with communications requests so the target either cannot respond to legitimate traffic or responds so slowly that it becomes ineffective or overwhelming or attempting to overwhelm our infrastructure by imposing an unreasonably large load on our systems that consume extraordinary resources (CPUs, memory, disk space, bandwidth, etc.).
- There will be no use of “robots”, “bots”, “spiders”, “offline readers”, or other automated systems to send more request messages to our servers than a human could reasonably send in the same period of time by using a normal browser. There will be no use of harmful code or bots, or transmitting code, files, scripts, agents, or programs intended to do harm, including viruses or malware, by mail bombing, news bombing, broadcast attacks, or flooding techniques, or using automated means, such as bots, to gain access to or use, or overwhelm the Services. Any activities that are considered intentional interference with the Services such as interfering with the proper functioning of any System or Services, including any deliberate attempt to overload a system is strictly prohibited.
- Bypassing Service Limitations in any form or by any amount is strictly prohibited. Prohibited activities include but are not limited to: Attempting to bypass, exploit, defeat, or disable limitations or restrictions placed on the Services. Using manual or electronic means to avoid any use limitations placed on a System, such as access, transmission and storage restrictions. Prohibited activities include going far beyond the intended use parameters for any given service as described in its corresponding documentation. Consuming an unreasonable amount of storage for music, videos, pornography, etc., in a way that’s unrelated to the purposes for which the Services were designed is strictly prohibited.
As stated above, this list of prohibited activities and content is not exhaustive and we may update this Acceptable Use Policy from time to time. Now that you have read this Policy, if you were trying your very best to build a Service for the customers you love and you were building a Service that would have world-wide use and value, we hope you would find that this AUP similar to one you would personally write for your beloved customers. If you believe we can do anything to improve this AUP, or any aspect of our business, please let us know. We are here to serve you and do our very best to make every day an amazing day for you and your team.
Have a great day! RealTheory